Monday, September 12, 2005

I want a word with all you tigers

Well girls, your secrets are out. An investigative reporter/traitor to The Sisterhood has written an expose of all your dirty, nasty ways. We've got you now! Deny, if you dare, the truth of these:


A woman may give you her body and her heart, but there are parts that she'll never give up. Pieces woven into the very fiber of her being. Mysteries only hinted at in a passing sly smile, an inscrutable laugh.


Yeah! Oh, you mean that as a bad thing?


These are the secrets of lovers past, hidden fantasies, and unshared longings. A woman's deepest secrets that don't -- and never will -- include you.


Never, never?


1) My best friend knows everything. She knows all of your vitals -- from the size of your bank account to the size of your other, um, holdings -- and she knows how both compare with those of every other man I've ever dated. I have done a hand-comparison measurement so I can divulge size and girth with a high level of accuracy.


Gasp! Not my other, um, holdings!


15) I obsess about when you're going to call me again. The period of time between our first date and your "Thanks for a great night; when can I see you again?" always seems stretched into slow motion. So don't worry about looking too eager. Call. Even if you only wait until noon the day after, it will feel like a lifetime to me.


Heh...these are all things that I do...


20) I'm constantly testing you. I observe, analyze, and judge every action, word, gesture, e-mail, and facial expression. When I ask you if you want to have a threesome, I don't mean it. If you want me to speak to you again, let alone sleep with you after this conversation, the answer should always be, "Why would I want to sleep with another woman when I have you?"
22) I need constant indications that you want me around. That's why it's better, for example, to say, "I want you to come away with me for the weekend. Could you come with me?" than to ask, "What are you up to this weekend?"


Yeah, these are both true of me, too. Except for the part about having a threesome. I meant that. I don't know why Erica's sister rolled her eyes and said "ew."


23) I love it when you get a little jealous. So if you ever see me flirting in front of you with the waiter, the bus driver, or another guy at a party, know I'm actually flirting with you -- through him


Too bad OJ didn't know that.


When we do break up, I put all photographs of you and mementos of our relationship in a shoe box and store it in my closet. Just in case I get nostalgic. Just in case you come back.


Well, that's the way it works on Gilmore Girls (season premiere tomorrow, kids!).


30) I want you to take control in bed. Yes, I have a successful career, I'm financially independent, I live on my own, and I don't need a man to make me happy (in theory). I still want you to pick me up, carry me to the bedroom, and take without asking.



A choice of responses:

  • All right!
  • Somehow, I just know a Buffy/Spike fan wrote this.

No comments: