Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Somewhere in my youth or childhood I must have done something good

Really, I'm just having an awesome week.




  • Viva Laughlin gets cancelled.

  • I trade a few emails with an insanely sexy woman.

  • I get to watch people falling all over themselves dissembling that their reaction to Dumbledore being gay isn't homophobic at all.

  • Giants squeeze past dolphins in London.

  • I even found common ground with someone from Knoxville, Tennessee, which I think would have pleased Molly Ivins.

  • I found out I'm quoted on the web site of a prominent songwriter and producer.

  • Mana pays me the compliment of including this blog on a list of her faves.

  • I find another YouTube video seemingly made just for me.

  • And a picture of Jennifer Connelly in a leopardskin top.

  • The "breasts/for brains" thing.

  • And a show I like is doing well enough in the ratings to get picked up.

Now, what more could I ask for? You may well wonder.

Well, how 'bout this?

Britney Spears is pissing off the Catholics.


Kinky photos of a half-naked Britney Spears perched on a priest's lap and leaning seductively against a church confessional sparked outrage among Catholic leaders.






"This is all the puzzle pieces coming together. This girl is crashing," said Bill Donohue, president of the New York-based Catholic League. "She's not even allowed to bring up her own kids because she's not responsible enough. Now we see she can't even entertain."


Ah, Bill Donohue and the Catholic League.

Bill? Britney Spears is entertaining. I'm sure you're not comfortable with that, given the way in which she's entertaining often involves exploiting her own breasts and other sex parts with legs akimbo...but she's entertaining!

Sure, she's a big blow-up sex doll, and she may not be that talented (or smart, or a witty conversationalist)...but damn, she's entertaining!

The new record and video are kindof irresistible, in a slightly guilty pleasure sort of way. But even if they weren't...

Peculiar thing. Bill Donohue is one of those jackasses who if you've pissed him off-you can be fairly certain you've done something right.

I could list any number of reasons why. But my current favorites are his equating of Catholics in America with blacks in Apartheid South Africa, and telling 15-year-old boys that if they're molested it's their own damn fault.

As far as I'm concerned, Britney's standing a lot taller and prouder (pert chest thrust out...sorry) as a result of this.

1 comment:

PJ said...

Glad you're having a good week. Those Britney pics made my day, though I need to find larger versions...