Sunday, August 03, 2008

Breast bad news

Three stories that seemed to fit together...

One: Oh Jesus, of all the crappy news to sign on to...Christina Applegate is battling breast cancer.

I'm really sorry to hear about this and not just for the lame "Of all the bodies for this to happen to!" jokes I'm afraid you might expect.



I think Applegate's really, genuinely funny. So I'm glad to read this:

"Benefiting from early detection through a doctor ordered MRI, the cancer is not life threatening. Christina is following the recommended treatment of her doctors and will have a full recovery.."


So I shall hope. I know it's possible. My mother was diagnosed with breast cancer when I was like 16, and she's still alive 20 years later. I know Applegate's mother also had a couple of scares while Christina was on Married...with Children, and I assume that's what spurred her daughter to get regular tests. Good for her.

Two: Dear god...the saga of the unfortunate things that have come to Anne Hathaway because of her ex-boyfriend the unworthy swine, continues.





Now it's said that nude photos of the actress (seen above about to make my favorite color pass out, and left reminding us she should have got smarter, sooner) are among the possessions seized by the FBI in their investigations of TUS.

Now, this does come from The National Enquirer (via the Celebitchy blog), so I'm inclined to be skeptical.

But if the photos do exist and are leaked, as Cb points out, Hathaway has already done nude scenes in films.

So it's not as though this was happening when she was still Disney's little princess. (And even that might not have hurt her career...doesn't seem to have done Vanessa Hudgens any permanent damage.)

But I gotta believe that, for an actress, there's a difference between choosing to do a nude scene in a film and photos you thought were going to remain private. If I were Hathaway, I'd be:

Photobucket

But the question is: If such pictures do come out...will I have the internal fortitude not to look at them?

Three: French women are no longer sunbathing nude or semi-nude. Good lord, is everything sacred?

No comments: