Saturday, May 12, 2007

a lover's song; Please try to hear me My dear...dear god

Found this on Kelly's blog. Her result, which was much like mine,

You True Love Will Maybe Find You

But it's going to be tough! You're not really around to find.
You really need to get yourself out there if you're expecting to find love.
Go somewhere (anywhere!) new from time to time.
Or if you're really shy - at least join a dating site.


...reminded me of the soulful Noel Coward song, "Someday I'll Find You." I wish I could have found a clip of the splendid version producer/arranger Craig Armstrong did with singer Shola Ama for the 20th Century Blues album of Coward covers.

It's one of my favorite songs on one of my favorite albums; but, no such luck. However, here is a piece of the lyric.

Someday I'll find you,
Moonlight behind you,
True to the dream I'm dreaming.
As I draw near
You smile
a little smile;
For a little while
We shall stand
Hand in hand.
I'll leave you never,
Love you for ever,
All our past sorrow redeeming:
Try to make it true,
Say you love me too,
Someday I'll find you....

2 comments:

Kelly Peeples said...

sheeit.

jeopardygirl said...

Mine said, "True love will find you Eventually." Hmmm.