Saturday, May 12, 2007

Tell it, Stan The Man...

Interview with Stan Lee, who in collaboration with artists including Jack Kirby pioneered 20th-century American comic books, in of all places, Playboy.com. It's Playboy, so yes, there are some pictures around of women in bras and panties or less, but if you don't mind that it's worth reading.

To me, the only thing that makes any fictional work interesting is if you care about the characters. When I was a kid, I loved Sherlock Holmes. I enjoyed the mystery, but I found him so fascinating. I found Tarzan fascinating. I think the interplay -- the relationship between the various X-Men characters -- is like a continuing soap opera.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, btw, we did go see spiderman on thursday, and I thought it was fun! So no complaints here. And Elias was just completely mesmerized, so what more can you ask for???