Sunday, June 10, 2007

An Early Clue to the New Direction

As promised, here's some hints for the movie quotes nobody's guessed yet.

Time and time again I've said that I don't care
That I'm immune to gloom, that I'm hard through and through
But every time it matters all my words desert me
So anyone can hurt me -- and they do


...is from, as might seem obvious, a musical.

"Did you ever dream about a place you never really recall being to before? A place that maybe only exists in your imagination? Some place far away, half remembered when you wake up. When you were there, though, you knew the language. You knew your way around. *That* was the sixties. [pause] No. It wasn't that either. It was just '66 and early '67. That's all there was."


...is from a film associated with a man who is making out like a bandit at the moment.

"I like your boobs. I think they're very friendly and unpretentious."


...is from a recent film that I thought was neither pretentious nor boring.

"There's always some stupid bullshit reason to kill your girlfriend. That's the beauty of it all! Simplicity! Besides, if it gets too complicated, you lose your target audience."


...is from a movie starring Neve Campbell. Come on, I'm giving you this one.

(a teenaged boy is watching a woman in her late 30's take clean laundry out of a basket)

Boy: Can I eat you out?
Woman: Not now. Folding.


...is from one of those controversial movies that tries to mix explict sex and real drama.

"Hello, Mr. Griffith."
"Hello, Mrs. Page."


...is from a movie starring a frequent host of Saturday Night Live.

(man to his dying son)

"Pesaram, I am here!"


...is from a film starring someone who both I, and homosexual women apparently, feel is one of the beautiful people.

"You'll be hung!"
"Oh I am, I am, and very well thank you."


...is from a movie starring a former juvenile lead in a family drama who never quite launched an adult career. This movie didn't help. It's one of those treasured by people who love bad movies, sometimes painfully bad, and a guilty pleasure of mine.

And finally,

Woman: Have you broken something?
Man: Only my tailor's heart.
[She kisses him]
Man: What was that for?
Woman: For saving my life.
Man: Remind me to do it more often.


...is from a movie with music by John Barry.

5 comments:

George said...

The kill your girlfriend is Scream.

Ben Varkentine said...

That's correct.

Becca said...

Grrr! I should have gotten that first one but it wouldn't come to me I had to google the answer cause it was driving me nuts!

The boobs line is from Science of Sleep...see I pay attention to your comments!

Other than that I suck! I will check back for the rest of the answers. This game is way! fun!!!!

SamuraiFrog said...

The musical bit is Evita; "Another Suitcase in Another Hall," probably my favorite song from it.

Ben Varkentine said...

You're both right.