Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Knotty schoolgirl

I just want to say to you, my vast reading audience, that if you are not watching Veronica Mars you are missing one of the greatest dramas on television. And as much as I enjoy having the scoop on most of you (and the country, and the television academy)...

I'd feel better if we were all in on it together.

Seriously guys, Veronica Mars is the best. Well acted, smartly written...and as glad as I am that it's making more of a dent in the ratings this year, that is a relative term.

Don't make me start emailing you individually; I'm just fool enough to do it. I'll be honest, besides wanting to share this wonderful show with you, I also want enough of you to watch it to ensure three more seasons after this one. Then you can go back to your shows about doctors who vanish without a trace playing football on monday night in Guatemala and their case remains cold for eight years before they're picked up in New York, I promise.

But come on, do you want to be the sort of person who watches the same shows that everone else is watching, or do you want to be the sort of a person who stands out in a crowd?

1 comment:

Ben Varkentine said...

Hey, you watched the first season and it's not your cup of tea, no problem.

I'm even cool with people who try an episode or two and feel that way.

It's just getting them to try that first episode that seems to be a bitch.