Saturday, October 14, 2006

May not have been so exciting?

You scored as The Fifth Doctor (Peter Davidson). The quiet Fifth Doctor is the one for you. He may not have been so exciting, but his steady calm kept you interested. Maybe you just like cricket.

The Fifth Doctor (Peter Davidson)

81%

The Sixth Doctor (Colin Baker)

75%

The Fourth Doctor (Tom Baker)

44%

The Seventh Doctor (Sylvester McCoy)

31%

The Ninth Doctor (Christoper Eccleston)

25%

The Eighth Doctor (Paul McGann)

25%

The First Doctor (William Hartnell)

19%

The Third Doctor (Jon Pertwee)

13%

The Second Doctor (Patrick Troughton)

13%

Which Doctor Who are you?
created with QuizFarm.com



Doctor Who geek-out moment follows while I unravel this. Those of you who don't speak the language may feel free to move on to the Godley & Creme video.

The above damnation with faint praise (not only that, they've spelt his name wrong) only goes to show you: Peter Davison is the Rodney Dangerfield of Doctors Who.

It wasn't his steady calm that kept me interested, it was that he was the best damn actor ever to play the Doctor, with some of my best-loved scripts. I expected to see him, Tom Baker, Christopher Eccelston and Sylvester McCoy in the top third or so.

They are my favorite Doctors, in roughly that order, though McCoy gives Eccelston more of a fight for third place if we're including the novel, New Adventures version. I am surprised to see Colin Baker score so high-though I suppose it's not him I think was so bad, just 98% of his scripts.

He had the worst ones until a few, shall we say, "controversial" episodes David Tennant (who doesn't appear on this list) was lumbered with. But: Paul McGann above Hartnell, Pertwee or Troughton?

I don't think so! If it were up to me, McGann would be relegated to Peter Cushing-like status. He'd certainly come after all of the above including Tennant in any list I made...

Geek-out moment ends.

4 comments:

Feena said...

*geek girl waves*

I'm the Eighth Doctor!!! I don't want to be him :-D

The Eighth Doctor - 81%
The Seventh Doctor - 75%
The Fourth Doctor - 69%
The Ninth Doctor - 69%
The Third Doctor - 56%
The Sixth Doctor - 56%
The Second Doctor - 44%
The Fifth Doctor - 44%
The First Doctor - 31%


My favourites are Tom Baker, Pat Troughton and David Tennant. His "controversial" episodes wouldn't happen to include Girls'n'Monsters would they...?

Ben Varkentine said...

I have the feeling I'd like Pat Troughton a lot more if only there were some more of his episodes around.

Tennant had one of the best first stories of any Doctor in "Christmas Invasion," but too much of the season that followed didn't live up to it.

"His "controversial" episodes wouldn't happen to include Girls'n'Monsters would they...?"

Love'n'Monsters. But why yes, yes they would. Don't get me started.

Feena said...

*short reply because she doesn't want to start something* ;-)

I watched L&M again a few days ago and I really enjoyed it. It's just very different to everything else :-)

Ben Varkentine said...

"It's just very different to everything else"

As negative is different to positive, and death is different to life.