Saturday, March 22, 2008

Bill Clinton embarasses his wife's campaign again

I've often said that Bill Clinton has been the greatest president of my lifetime so far...which says a lot more about my lifetime than it does about Bill Clinton. But...



Hillary Rodham Clinton's campaign is trying to clarify comments by former President Clinton during a stop in North Carolina.

Clinton seemed to question Barack Obama's patriotism, and the comments led an Obama aide to liken the former president to Joseph McCarthy.




Clinton said at a Charlotte campaign event Friday that he thinks "it would be a great thing if we had an election year where you had two people who loved this country and were devoted to the interest of this country.


Now, I choose not to speculate as to whether or not Mr. Clinton meant that comment as a hit on Mr. Obama's patriotism. I can see how it could be taken that way, but I can also see that it could have been misinterpreted, as the Clinton campaign insists.

The part I love is this:
He added that "people could actually ask themselves who is right on these issues, instead of all this other stuff that always seems to intrude itself on our politics."


Yes. "All this other stuff." Like presidents who make the stupidest mistake any Rhodes Scholar ever made, and lack the self-control to keep it in their pants in the oval office.

Y'know, for all that Bill and his wife had a plague of phony "scandals" visited on them by irrational Clinton-haters, I don't forget the ones they brought on themselves.

No comments: