Sunday, December 27, 2009

Oh no you don't, lady

Look: Probably much like you, I hoped that the only "Palin" I would be mentioning here for the forseeable future would be that nice chap who used to work with John Cleese and Terry Jones. But...

You've probably heard that (sigh) Sarah Palin's "death panels" thing was named "lie of the year" by the non-partisan FactCheck group. I haven't said anything about it because frankly, I'm trying not to promote her. (Yeah, like my little blog makes the difference)

However, this week, I learned that, backpedalling furiously, Mrs. Palin now says she was using a "metaphor" for reduced access to and quality of health care when she spoke of "death panels."

That does it. Mrs Palin, I don't expect you to be substantive. I don't even expect you to stop dropping hints that you're going to run for president. Though I'm reassuringly convinced this is just something you're saying to sell your book to teabaggers.

However, I will thank you, kindly, to stay away from things which writers use.

Thank you so much. Have a good day.

No comments: