Thursday, January 07, 2010

Not Aunty Rachel, but...

I've just been hit with a revelation after seeing Michelle Bachman's reaction to President Obama's comments today on terrorism.

You can read the whole thing here, but this is my favorite part:
We should be using all legal means necessary to push [Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab] to release all his information, not allow him to lawyer up.


Now, I have to admit, Keith Olbermann caught this before I did: Do you realize that within one sentence she went from calling for us to use "all legal means" to denying a suspect their right to an attorney?

Now to my revelation: Bachman, famously, thinks that the President of the United States is anti-American. Well, I think that she is the anti-Rachel Maddow.

The kind where the two of them should never be in the same place at the same time, because it would cause the annihilation of the universe.

(That's probably why Bachman has never taken Maddow up on any invitation onto her show...for the best, really, if you like the universe, which I do.)

Everything that Rachel is (sexy, smart, liberal, feminine, energetic, charming and just plain jazzy)...Miss Bachman is not.

No comments: