Friday, March 12, 2010

Further on the subject of "not needing an original plot to make a movie..."

Last December, after An Education had made the festival rounds and hit limited theaters, we learned that [director Lone] Scherfig would be directing the romantic comedy One Day, and now ComingSoon discovers that Anne Hathaway and Jim Sturgess are attached to this story,



Well. I know An Education was acclaimed, but it looked hateful to me. However, you know how I feel about Hathaway, and Jim Sturgess was good in Across the Universe--I don't think Taymor used him as well as she might've but he was good.

So let's see what this is about. It's

about Dexter and Emma, who meet for the first time during their graduation in 1988, and proceed to meet one day every year for the next 20 years


Wait a minute...

I call shenanigans. That's Same Time, Next Year.

No comments: