Tuesday, April 06, 2010

Apparently, "woman in jeans and T-shirt" = "gay."

I had no idea there were so many lesbians around...

Zoe Saldana wants to make one thing clear: She is not a girlie girl.

So much so, that she's not really surprised when someone thinks she might be gay...

"People have sometimes told my grandmother, 'Your granddaughter has a bit of lesbianism in her,'" Saldana says in the new issue of Siempre Mujer magazine. "It's that my sisters and I spent all our time among men. We were very popular with them. Our way of thinking is very masculine."

The 31-year-old Star Trek and Avatar star also says, despite her fashion-forward glamourista image, that she doesn't actually like getting dolled up. "If you want to punish me, send me to get a manicure or dress me in a skirt or shorts, and I would die," Saldana said. "But if you dress me in jeans and a button-down blouse, I feel very sexy, feminine and powerful."

No comments: