Wednesday, April 27, 2011

This pisses me off

It's a story about how the movie Insidious has already been hugely profitable. That's not the part that pisses me off.

What pisses me off is that it takes them four paragraphs, 12 lines, and 160 words to mention either of the creative team that made the movie--and then when they do, they mention only one of them, and get his role in the partnership wrong:

In an interview with the List director Leigh Whannell says, " It's not that we're saying 'no sequels', it's just that we haven't put any thought into it because we're still so focussed on the release of this one and we're way too superstitious to talk about a sequel."


Sigh. Leigh Whannell is the writer of Insidious (and also plays a role in the film), not the director. His partner James Wan is the director.

(They also created and worked on the first three installments of a little film franchise I like to call... Saw. Which is probably al least part of why I'm touchy about seeing them properly credited, though I like to think I'm a stickler for proper credit in any case.)

No comments: