Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Well, once again, here we are

As I'm assuming most of you reading this know, for a little under two years I have been writing a blog called The Sound of the Crowd, published via the Ink 19 site. As a blogger, I have recently come to a parting of the ways with that site, though I remain an editor/reviewer there and have nothing bad to say about it.

The mission statement of this new blog will remain (in no particular order):

To record my depressing attempts to bring my characters to the screen.
To mark the passing of those who should have their passings marked.
To indulge in Schadenfreude as Bush's ratings sag.
To act as a self-appointed filter for the "MSM."
To pull the covers off hypocritical Republicans.
To push for the US to get out of Iraq.
To occasionally indulge myself by running song lyrics.
To chart the troubling rise of homophobia and related activities in this country.
And yes, though it may not seem so from most of the above, to steal a laugh when and where we can. Especially by mocking the illiterate, the stupid, and the state of Tennessee.

As before, I'll occasionally be recommending material that I'm not reviewing in full over at Ink 19, and of course I'll be mentioning when those full reviews do go up.

Oh, and by the way, why "Dictionopolis in Digitopolis?" The title of my new blog derives from the classic book and movie The Phantom Tollboth, both of which were favorites of my youth. Again, I'm assuming most of you have read and/or seen it, but just as a reminder, in both, Dictionopolis is the kingdom of words and Digitopolis the kingdom of numbers.

A blog, being comprised of words on the internet, which is comprised of numbers. is therefore...

You see how it all balances out.

Anyway, welcome and/or welcome back.

No comments: