Monday, July 18, 2005

Words and points on Rove and Plame

1. Mark A. R. Kleiman provides links to a column and two profiles on various aspects of and fgures in the Rove/Plame story that first appeared in Newsweek. I recommend them in the order that they appear.

You know, sometimes I wish the kind of people who were inclined to defend Karl Rove's actions on this were the kind of people who read this blog. Because I'd like to ask someone: Can you really look at me with a straight face (virtually speaking) and tell me there's an honest reason his ass doesn't get fired and stay fired?

2. Oliver Willis makes the darndest comparison between the man who won and the man who lost the last presidential election.

3. A friend of Josh Marshall raises an interesting question about the president's new policy. And as TPM also points out a few entries lower, way to set a high standard for the White House, Mr. Bush: No felons on staff.

I'm so proud to be an American sometimes I could throw up.

No comments: