Saturday, September 10, 2005

Poetry Corner

I dreamed I met my muse
In a movie theater, with my best friend from high school
Though I did not know it was her

In the intermission, I chased a tiny dollar
No one seemed to notice
But when I got back to our seats, somebody had taken one
I started to say "We're back," until I saw that my friend
Was sitting in the row ahead.

So I sat with my muse and we watched
A preview for a movie
In which CGI nuclear missiles and UFOs
Destroyed the world and then each other

My seat was higher than the rest, I suddenly realized
And wondered if I was disturbing the other patrons.

I drove my muse home and she said
That our eyes were the same
I looked, and they were the same color
And I saw something in them that I've seen
In other people
And myself

She said
"When my son laughs, nothing else in the world matters.
But when you move, you don't even disturb the birds."
And before I could tell her I wanted to see her again
She was getting out of the car
She told me I could meet her at an intersection
But it wasn't until I woke up that I remembered her white robes
And knew her for what she was
But I have forgotten the numbers of the streets

--Anon

No comments: