Wednesday, March 15, 2006

A long time ago, we used to be friends

And a long time ago, I used to watch a cool show called "Veronica Mars" that was well-acted and smartly written. I don't know what happened to it, but the show in its timeslot now has a lead actress sleepwalking through her part. Like a Buffy season-six-and-seven Sarah Michelle Gellar.

And the plots used to be the sort where you thought you knew where an episode was going at the beginning only to be delighted by a truly surprise twist. I had last night's "bad guy" pegged 15 minutes into the show. I even guessed the motive correctly.

(Granted, that may just have been that I'm so used to thinking like lesbians do these days, and it wasn't a fair test)

But, "Veronica Mars" has now moved onto the list of shows that I don't know how many more times they can miss the mark before I give up and stop watching in despair. Thank god the sexond season of Huff is starting in a few weeks.

2 comments:

Feena said...

But, "Veronica Mars" has now moved onto the list of shows that I don't know how many more times they can miss the mark before I give up and stop watching in despair

*whispers* watch Doctor Who instead ;-)

Ben Varkentine said...

*whispers back* I do...I've seen every episode of Eccelston's season and The Christmas Invasion, which I really enjoyed.

Thought it was the best "new Doctor" story since Castrovalva, in fact.

Living in Seattle, I'm able to watch it on Canadian TV. Now I'm looking forward to Tennant's first full season.