Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Hating Kevin Federline: Now, it's personal

In the past, I only vaguely disliked Kevin Federline, in the way Shakespeare's Sister so aptly describes as I-hate-you-because-I-know-who-you-are. That means it's because without my ever seeking a lick of information about him, some knowledge of his general persona has penetrated my conciousness. And that general persona seems to be something of a bum. I looked forward to the forthcoming release of his debut "album" with the same anticipation with which I look forward to four more years of Republican misrule. I also don't like people who, from all appearances, have no business calling themselves fathers.

But as I say, that's all vague and based on heresay. Now...now he's ripping off Thomas Dolby. I'm sorry, we don't allow that here on Dictionopolis In Digitopolis, wherin we consider Mr. Dolby a Jesus of keyboard music, one of the great living songwriters and producers.

Mr. Dolby posted on his blog a few days ago...
"Kevin Federline, whom I’d never heard of until a few days ago, appears to have illegally sampled one of my compositions...And laws aside, he owed it to me as an artist to ask if I minded that he recorded a vitriolic rap over the top of my music.”


“So K-Fed, if you’re reading this, I’m asking you nicely to take the track down ASAP. Or maybe you’d prefer me to come after some of your wife’s ill-gotten gains?”


Go Pulp Culture on his ass, Tom. Blind him with science.

Thanks to Paste Magazine for telling me about this.

1 comment:

jeopardygirl said...

Gotta love parody. Thanks, Evan.

And Ben? I'm with you.