Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Billions of blistering barnacles!

If you, like me, have many fine memories of the Tintin comic strip, you may want to keep an eye out for a special that's airing on PBS this month. That link will give you some more information about it, and also lead you to where you can check local listings to see when it airs in your area.

I loved Tintin as a young adult, and when I recently went on a nostalgia kick and ordered several of the books from my library, I thought they held up beautifully. As an older adult (at least chronologically) I discovered a lot more of the detail in the art, too.

Of course, the fact the strip inspired the names of two different British new wave bands (The Thompson Twins...
...and Stephen "Tintin" Duffy) is merely the icing on the cake.

No comments: