Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Always in time, but never in line for dreams

What Your Soul Really Looks Like

You are a wanderer. You constantly long for a new adventure, challenge, or even a completely different life.

You are not a very grounded person. You prefer dreams to reality. For you, it's all about possibilities.

You believe that people see you as a bit small and insignificant. People pay more attention to you than you think.

Your near future is in a very different place (both physically and mentally) from where you are right now.

For you, love is all about caring and comfort. You couldn't fall in love with someone you didn't trust.

You know, as a rule, I look at these blogthings as being something like horoscopes. Fun if you don't take them too seriously. But sometimes I could almost wonder if they are getting inside my head.
New life, new love
Where's the heart I was dreaming of?
I need a new hope, new dream
Another part in a different scene
A new life, it's so hard to find

-Pet Shop Boys, "A New Life"


I've been thinking recently about how lately it seems all I'm living for is possibilities. Every time I check my email, answer the phone, go downstairs to check my regular mailbox-is it the publisher?

And in a broader sense-sometimes the only thing that keeps me getting up in the morning is the possibility that I will find a way through all my stuff. God knows how, because when I think about it, all I see is...well, see my random Flickr blogging for this week.

But I still have, within me, some spark of faith left that still glimmers.

There's a flame of hope
Burning in my heart
There's a strange emotion
Tearing me apart

Cause I know...


OMD, "Flame Of Hope"

No comments: