Saturday, October 28, 2006

It was old when Buffy did it, Bill

TMZ has a short interview with "Scrubs" creator/writer/producer Bill Lawrence. In the interview, he talks about an upcoming "big musical episode" of "Scrubs."
It's definitely something people haven't seen on TV unless they, well, I was going to say "on TV ever" but then I'd say unless they watched "Buffy the Vampire Slayer."


In fact, by the time Buffy got around to doing their good-but-overrated "big musical episode," they were following in the footsteps of everything on TV from "The Drew Carey Show" to "The Simpsons" to "South Park" to even "Xena."

Full disclosure: I hate Bill Lawrence. Why? Because (in no particular order):

He's the succesful creator/writer/producer of multiple television shows.
He's worth about $12 million dollars.
He's married to the most beautiful woman on television (1995-2005), Christa Miller.
He's writing a new "Fletch" movie.

What's not to hate?

2 comments:

Michael Hickerson said...

But Buffy's musical episode rocked in ways I can't even begin to describe...

Joss Whedon is da man!

Ben Varkentine said...

I stand by what I said: Buffy's musical episode was good, but overrated.

That's what I think of most of Whedon's work. Plus the fact that I'm disturbed by his habit of killing off strong women characters left and right while still winning praise as a champion of feminism.