Monday, September 17, 2007

Emmy one-liners

  1. Thank god for mute control.
  2. I really wanna know who thought: The Sopranos: Musical number!
  3. I still hate 30 Rock, that doesn't change just because it found favor with Emmy voters. I'm hoping it'll be like Arrested Development, a show that all the insiders (or people who want to feel themselves inside) love, but that no one else actually watches.
  4. Yo, Emmy show producers: Since Jon Stewart already has the Oscars next year, give this show to Stephen Colbert or Steve Carell. Jon and Stephen "giving" Ricky Gervais' Emmy to Steve was the best, biggest laugh of the night. Or, give it back to Conan, who did a much better job last year.
  5. Thank god Christina Aguilera didn't give Tony Bennett a heart attack.
  6. I know a lot of people are going to be whining about James Spader winning over Gandolfini. Fuck 'em. I'm already wondering how Alan Shore will refer to it in one of Boston Legal's trademark breaking-the-fourth-wall lines, though.
  7. And once again: I know this isn't a new question in life. It's not even a new question on this blog. But what has happened to the women in Hollywood? All those stiff, stiff faces...I can think of very few women on the show tonight that I would even want to kiss, much less do anything below the neck...

No comments: