Saturday, September 29, 2007

Y'know, a year or two back, this would have had me going crazy (in a good way)

News flash-




"24" will launch its season with a two-night premiere event. It will kick off Jan. 13 with two hours before settling into its regular time period with a new episode at 9 p.m. the following night.

The premiere will be exciting for "24" fans, but that's nothing compared to confirmation of the return of Tony Almeida. The CTU veteran, played by Carlos Bernard, was left for dead at the hands of a terror suspect in Day 5.


Emphasis mine.

You longtime "DiD" fans may remember my saying that Tony Almeida's death

...was was what I think of as a "click" moment. It's the moment when a TV series or movie pushes me just that one step too far and seems to be saying to me, "fuck you."

After a click moment, it's hard for me to care.


And I cared about that character.

But that was (seemingly) a long time ago, before much of the cast & crew-including Bernard-decided to kiss up to the Republicans. And before the show itself turned to snot.

I bailed out of the last "day" about eight hours in, and I doubt I was the only one who couldn't make it to the end.

So will Tony's return get me to try again? Maybe-if only to see how they explain it away (my theory: Chloe built a robot twin).

But you'll understand if I don't have my hopes up.

No comments: