Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Proof yet again that to Republicans, sex is the only action disgraceful enough to warrant impeachment

State Republicans threatened on Tuesday to impeach New York Gov. Eliot Spitzer if he does not quit over a sex scandal that has raised questions over whether he could face criminal charges.

The threat added to pressure on Spitzer, a Democrat and former state chief prosecutor who made his name fighting white-collar crime on Wall Street, to step down after a report that he hired a high-priced prostitute.



Oh, for the love of god. Look, I hold no brief whatsoever for Eliot Spitzer. From what I can tell, he seems to be a bit of a hypocrite, and I don't like those any better in my own party than I do in the opposition. But really, I don't care that much about him either way.

It's just...completely screw up a nation's foreign policy. Be directly responsible for the needless deaths of thousands of servicepeople. None of that makes you impeachable. Have sexual relations with a woman not your wife, though, boy, and watch out!

Priorities.

Did I mention that I don't like hypocrites?

No comments: