Friday, March 14, 2008

Well I'll be a monkey's uncle

I think most of you know that the short-lived series Cupid starring Jeremy Piven, has a special place in my heart. The same man who created and produced it, Rob Thomas, was also the creator of Veronica Mars. Which was one of the reasons I was in on that series from the beginning.

But I never in my life thought I'd be reading this...
'Cupid' Takes Wing Again
ABC greenlights new pilot from 'Veronica Mars' creator


Suddenly, Rob Thomas is a very busy man.

The "Veronica Mars" creator, who earlier this week was hired to work on an update of "Beverly Hills, 90210" for The CW, has now received a green light to update his late-'90s show "Cupid" for ABC.

Thomas began working on the updated "Cupid" before the writers' strike, and ABC rewarded him with a pilot order on Thursday, according to The Hollywood Reporter. The new show will keep the same premise -- a man who believes he's the titular god sent to Earth to unite 100 couples -- but move the setting from Chicago to Los Angeles and tweak a few other elements.

"Cupid" would take priority over "90210" for Thomas since the former has been in the works longer.


Even if only because it makes the DVD release of the original seem more likely...this is excellent news.

No comments: