Tuesday, June 03, 2008

I'm feeling cynical. When I'm cynical, I get bitter.

Or maybe it's the other way around. But at any rate: Long-timers among you may remember back in November of 2004, when I said:

The people who re-elected Bush clearly have no empathy for "my people", so I'll be damned if I'm gonna waste any more of what Barbara Bush so rightly called "my beautiful mind" on their NASCAR-spawn.


That wasn't really what I thought then, and isn't what I think now. But I was feeling bitter, and when I'm bitter, I get cynical.

You may wonder why I'm bringing this up.

Senator Hillary Clinton is holding the Democratic Party hostage, refusing to concede unless Obama offers her the VP slot.

At least, that's how I read this AP story (via AmericaBlog)

I would just like to say, here and now and for the record: I would rather see Lindsay Lohan as Obama's VP than Hillary Clinton.

And I would also like to say, though I'm genuinely saddened that it's come to this:

Somebody needs to smack that bitch down.

But of course, as I say, I'm feeling bitter and cynical. So I don't really mean that.

(Except for the bit about wanting to see Obama offer Lohan the VP slot. That is Gospel.)

No comments: