Thursday, July 31, 2008

Not if you win or lose, but how you play the game, Senator.

I don't usually pass along the videos, petitions and such I get from being on various anti-McCain, pro-Obama, and general political mailing lists. As I think I've said, I figure most of you already are on those lists or not if you choose to be.

I'm making an exception for this petition, calling on McCain to disavow an ad based on lies.



Anyway, I'm making the exception, not because I think it's the most important issue of the day--it isn't, though it's not the least, either--but for my own pride. Or ego if you like.

See, when I signed the petition, I added a little comment "to" Senator McCain. I'm no fool (not about this, anyway), I know the odds of the Senator ever reading this petition at all are about as likely as his making it out of "crazy base world" without redeeming his frequent flip-flop miles.

But I kind of like what I came up with and wanted to preserve it. So here's what I said.

"It's hard to believe a war-hero like yourself is doing this. Stop lying Senator, and regain the respect of people like me who once liked you regardless of political party.

And, I have to believe, regain your own self-respect as well.

Not if you win or lose, but how you play the game, Senator."

No comments: