Friday, January 30, 2009

For the record, I liked most of Buffy, most of Angel, bailed on both in their final years; think Firefly is ridiculously overrated by Whedon fans.

Ok. As I think most of you know by now, I am something of a...iconoclast, shall we say, when it comes to Joss Whedon and his various series.

It's not entirely--or even mostly--his fault. It mainly has to do with my perception that too many of those fans are quite zombie-like in their devotion to their idol.

The man wrote a musical episode that was merely pretty good for someone who'd never written a musical before, and you'd think he was Stephen Sondheim from the way some of them carried on.

(I also think that every single thing regarding the decision to kill Tara on Buffy was a terrible mistake, and that is his fault--but neither here nor there for the purposes of this discussion)

No doubt you're wondering: Why does he tell us all of this, much of which we already know?

Because:

Say what you will about Joss Whedon (and I have), but...the man knows a good TV show when he's paired with one.



What are your thoughts on [new series DOLLHOUSE, starring Eliza Dushku, pictured] being paired with TERMINATOR: THE SARAH CONNOR CHRONICLES on Friday nights?

I love being paired with THE SARAH CONNOR CHRONICLES. I love that show, so it works for me.



Ok, Joss, I'll give you that one...

No comments: