Saturday, January 03, 2009

I mean, it's not like I didn't know that Steven Moffat knows what he's doing...

Especially vis-à-vis Doctor Who. He's won Hugo Awards for it and all. Still, I like this quote from Moffat, who's takng over as head writer and executive producer for 2010, about Matt Smith, who'll be playing the part of the 11th Doctor*:


"The Doctor is a very special part, and it takes a very special actor to play him. You need to be old and young at the same time, a boffin and an action hero, a cheeky schoolboy and the wise old man of the universe. As soon as Matt walked through the door and blew us away with a bold and brand new take on the Time Lord, we knew we had our man. 2010 is a long time away but rest assured the Eleventh Doctor is coming - and the universe has never been so safe."


ETA: Here's a "coming out" interview with Smith:



He looks a bit goth, but I can see this working (and of course, the way he is now is not necessarily the way he'll be as the Doctor).

On the other hand, something just sank in as I was watching it. This Doctor actor is younger than me.

I may have to stop watching the series.



*If it were up to me, 10th, as I'd really rather not count McGann...but it's not up to me, and I suppose that's OK.

No comments: