Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Ooh!

Say, you know who I like? George Clooney. I like him as a filmmaker. I like him as a movie star. And not to put too fine a point on it, but if I were a girl, I totally would. So I like him.

You know who else I like? Aaron Sorkin--the president of smart, witty, dense dialogue; the romantic language of entertainment.

And now you know what's coming, don't you?

Aaron Sorkin, the creator of The West Wing, is to collaborate with George Clooney on upcoming courtroom drama The Challenge.

Variety reports Clooney's production company Smoke House is to develop the film, based on the trial of Osama bin Laden's driver Salim Hamdan.

The Burn After Reading star may direct the film and is likely to play Navy lawyer Charles Swift who worked with law professor Neal Katyal to ensure Guantanamo Bay detainee Hamdan received a fair trial.

No comments: