Sunday, April 12, 2009

Theatre People

E-mailing with pal Corey Klemow reminded me that I hadn't written about Party Down since its premiere. The show's been uneven in the way that many loosely-written shows are uneven to me: A tendency to resemble a bunch of actors all standing around in a circle jerk.

This Friday's episode was stronger (and funnier) than the last two or three, however. It was also the first to have its screenplay credited solely to my sometime hero Rob Thomas, who looks ahead to Kristen Bell's appearance here.

There will be a "marathon" of the first four episodes this Thursday night.

I'm definitely liking it more than the revival of Thomas' Cupid. Bobby Cannavale, I knew Cupid. I watched Cupid. Cupid was a favorite of mine. Bobby Cannavale, you're no Cupid.

No comments: