Monday, September 14, 2009

"where are Soda, and Super-dope, anyhow?" "Super-what?" "All brawn, no brains."

Driving to the library about an hour ago, I heard the news that Patrick Swayze had died.

For me I think he'll always be Darrel Curtis in The Outsiders, a movie with a place in my heart (as I wrote about here). Maybe he wasn't the greatest actor who ever lived but, in that movie, boy was he ever the big brother every only child wanted...or maybe it was just me.

(Even when he hits Ponyboy).

The movie Ghost is one of those rare instances where my taste and America's line up, which these days only seems to happen when a Harry Potter or Pixar movie comes out. I thought it was excellent.

Point Break was dumb, but it was fun dumb....which is more than I can say for all his films.

As for Dirty Dancing...if you can't say something nice...

PS: Oh, and I saw at least part of Roadhouse, but all I remember is Kelly Lynch's ass.

No comments: