Wednesday, March 24, 2010

I know this is an edgy opinion, but...

Longtime readers: Remember about four years ago when a photograph of a woman breastfeeding a baby on the cover of a magazine got people all upset?
(Some were so uncomfortable they actually had to turn the magazine face-down rather than look at that).

Well, it's four years later now, and here we go again: Three out of the four US television networks have refused to allow a maker of tampons to mention the word vagina in an advertising campaign.

Wait, it gets sillier. After the agency was informed of this, they re-shot the ads with--they thought--the less daring "down there." And that was rejected. (What next, the Monty Python term "naughty bits?")

I don't know why vaginas should be so unacceptable. Personally, I've long thought they were a particularly good part of the female body (I mean, apart from the fact that they're all icky and everything).

Yes, I'm willing to go out on a limb to say that.

For that matter, I don't understand why more people don't just have...

1 comment:

Green Stone said...

Good lord, not a breast! Banning the word vagina is just silly, but the fact that the ad has potential to actually be funny is worse.

I love Kids in the Hall, so many awesome skits.