Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Well.

Now this presents me with a poser. A certain misogynistic conservative (whose name I'm deliberately not mentioning because being talked about is clearly what they want) has proclaimed their disapproval of recent comments made by Jennifer Aniston.

The good-looking star told reporters:

"Women are realizing it more and more knowing that they don't have to settle with a man just to have that child. Times have changed and that is also what is amazing is that we do have so many options these days, as opposed to our parents' days when you can't have children because you have waited too long."


Said MC has dubbed the curvy Aniston a poor role-model for young girls, as well as "destructive to our society."

Here then is my dilemma. Even acknowledging the fact that someone in Jennifer Aniston's position would presumably be willing and able, as a single mother, to offer this hypothetical child what most moms could not.

As I think any of you who've been reading my blogs for a few years (and god bless you, BTW) know, I don't think single parenthood is such a good idea. The reason? I'm the son of a single parent. I know too well many of the things that can go wrong.

Yet...I just can't take the side of the misogynistic conservative...

No comments: