Wednesday, August 24, 2005

She said what?

Ok, it's offical, the theme of today's batch of Dictionopolis in Digitopolis posts is Stupid Things Republicans Have Said Recently.

Now, I know I should have long ago had enough of Ann Coulter saying stupid things. This is, after all, the woman who smeared a former Senator who is also a silver star-winning, triple-amputee veteran because he was not patriotic enough to please her. This is the woman who once declared "God said 'Earth is yours. Take it. Rape it. It's yours."

You'd think I'd have had enough of her to have grown cynical. Never. I'm constantly amazed.

Blogger Ed Cone found this:



Ann Coulter questions the courage of New Yorkers in the face of terrorism.

She says of terrorists, "it's far preferable to fight them in the streets of Baghdad than in the streets of New York (where the residents would immediately surrender)."

That's what Ann Coulter thinks of the cops and firemen of New York City, and of the family members of those lost on 9/11, and of the everyday people who refused to let the attacks keep them from going on with their lives.


Actually, though, I'm glad she said that. Because it reminds me that a couple of weeks ago when I was talking about the new issue of Vanity Fair, I forget to mention something I wanted to mention.

The issue contains a moving excerpt taken from a forthcoming memoir, written by the widow of one of the firemen who lost his life on 9/11.

By "surrendering," no doubt...oh no, wait:



The captain announces Dave died trying to save a child.


Seriously: What's wrong with Ann Coulter? I mean, what's wrong with Ann Coulter? How do you do that and look at yourself in the mirror, or sleep at night?

No comments: