Monday, August 22, 2005

You know...

I wouldn't want to be accused of being someone who doesn't support our president at all, and has no confidence in him whatsoever. But I can understand how you might get that impression. So, I'd like to take a minute now to say that there is one thing George W. Bush is doing that I have complete confidence in, and in which he has my complete support.

And that is chasing his popularity numbers to the bottom of the ocean. A while back, those of us on the left were chortling about the fact that Bush was less popular than Bill Clinton had been on the day he was impeached.

It's gotten even better now. George W. Bush is officially less popular than Richard Nixon was during the height of Watergate. His popularity ratings are in the 30s, and I don't think they've hit bottom yet.

In fact, I say, if this president really puts his shoulder to the wheel, he can drop below 20%. And need I add, he has my complete and utter support in this endeavor? C'mon, George! We know you can do it! We're counting on you!

No comments: