Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Names have emotional value

Last year I wrote, in a post on the old blog about a young Republican man kicking a female protestor while she was being held on the ground:
...one of the other Young Republicans is named "Taylor Bickford." I think if your name is "Taylor Bickford," you pretty much have to be a Young Republican.


Today we find FoxNews.com throwing a little pity party for a fella who claims he was harassed in college because he is a conservative.

"When I was on campus, I had no help," the recent Ohio State University graduate told FOXNews.com. "I was harassed, intimidated, shouted down."

The recent Ohio State University graduate's name? Christopher Flickinger. See, it's something about the names, man, people with funny-sounding names just naturally gravitate to conservative Republicanism.

"Taylor Bickford." "Christopher Fickinger." "Moya Huff-" No wait, scratch that.

No comments: