Wednesday, January 25, 2006

A question for those few of you watching it

Is it just me, or could "Veronica Mars" use one less plotline this season? I mean here I am, a devoted fan, a booster--and even I'm not sure what the hell happened at the end of tonight's episode. I'm a smart guy, but sheesh! And a hypothetical new viewer must have been lost-you should pardon the expression.

Of course, it probably would have helped if there hadn't been seven weeks between original episodes. If you're gonna resolve plots in ways that depend upon my remembering guest stars from that far back (and further) you've gotta give me some ramp-up...

VM's plots are so knotted, they'd benefit almost as much as "24" from being aired straight through without being interupted by repeats.I may be more pissed about that than I am about the bright idea to schedule it opposite "Lost."

I still love the show, but...damn!

3 comments:

Bill said...

Our local UPN affiliate didn't show last night's episode until two hours later - the regular airing was pre-empted by a University of Illinois basketball game - so I probably won't be able to weigh in on Veronica 'til the weekend, dammit . . .

Bill said...

Finally got to see it last night - and I agree: watching it, I couldn't escape the nagging suspicion that I'd somehow managed to miss an episode, lo, those many weeks ago . . .

Ben Varkentine said...

Talked to my friend Corey about it yesterday and we *think* we know what was going on, but he wasn't sure at first either.

I'm not sure whether to be pissed at UPN, for putting so much space between apparently crucial episodes.

Or the production team, because I think just one or two short voiceovers could have made things a lot more clear.