Monday, July 03, 2006

I love when this kind of thing happens

--when you find connections between things.

The Human League were one of the greatest groups of the "new wave" era, and the source of my old blog name, so you know how I feel about them in general. "Love Action" is one of my favorite of their songs.

According to the aforementioned Rip It Up And Start Again,
"It's not got a proper chorus,' admits [Human League singer Phil] Oakey, explaining that 'Love Action' is basically two different songs bolted together. The verses, from a song called 'I Believe In Love' are 'confessional nonsense, what I was feeling at the time,' while the angular, not-quite-a-chorus bit is from another song about watching Sylvia Kristel in the soft-core erotic movie Emmanuelle.



If memory serves, Sylvia Kristel is the first woman I saw naked (onscreen).

I love when this kind of thing happens.

No comments: