Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Giving 'em the old razzle-dazzle

I think John Kander and Fred Ebb were the greatest show writing team of their generation; only Stephen Sondheim beats them, IMO, and he's not a team. I talked a lot about why I think that in my review of an autobiographical book they published a few years ago.

So when I hear that there was a PBS "Great Performances" documentary on their work, I think to myself, "How'd I miss that?"

Bob Fosse was also one of my favorite choreographer-director-dancers.

So when I hear that there's a clip from this documentary online, all about the original version of Chicago, written by Kander, Ebb and Fosse and directed and choreographed by Fosse, I'm fascinated.

I hope you are, too.


With a tip of the Fosse derby to Mark Evanier, who has a cheap sex joke to tell about his friend, cartoonist Sergio Aragonés.

No comments: