Tuesday, August 29, 2006

The rule of threes...

Things that scare me

Three ideas:

-The idea that the current administration really has FUBAR'd things so badly it'll take 20 years to set them right.
-The idea that I'll die here.
-And the idea that something that happened when I was 15 has broken me beyond repair.

People who make me laugh

-Nathan Lane
-Maurice LaMarche
-Mark Evanier

Things I hate the most

-Movies with dialogue that makes me want to give myself a lobotomy just to make the pain go away. Also see: Wars, Star, episodes I and III.
-Hypocrites.
-Japanese comics and anime.

Things I don't understand

-How anyone ever thought John Kerry was a viable candidate.
-The overhyping of Tina Fey.
-" " Kevin Smith.

Things I want to do before I die

-Put together a movie soundtrack with My Favorite on it.
-Get the voices of all the people in my brain into more people's heads.
-Go to England.

Things I can do

-Write.
-This space intentionally left blank-just picture me giving a knowing smile...
-Spot an obscure eighties track within a couple notes.

Ways to describe my personality

-Weird.
-Wise (I'm not saying I've ever described it that way, but it has been so described).
-Lacking in tact.

Things I can't do

-Stop taking shots at Tennessee.
-Wait for the premiere of Studio 60.
-Really play the keyboards (or any musical instrument, but the keyboards is the one that hurts).

Voices I think you should listen to

-Annabel and Keitha. They're much smarter than me. (For newcomers, they're also characters that I created).
-Richard Kiley singing "Dulcinea"
-Kirsty MacColl singing just about anything.

Things you should never listen to

-People choking on their own irony.
-Any music that doesn't move you, no matter how much other people tell you they like it. I like what I like, you like what you like, and there's nothing wrong with anyone who doesn't like what you like.
-Anyone who tells you they don't like Joe Jackson. There's something wrong with them.

Things I'd like to learn

-How to pull out of a spiral.
-How to turn a nervous breakdown into a nervous breakthrough.
-To really play keyboards.

Favorite foods

-Insert
-Cheap joke
-Here

Shows I watched as a kid

-Cartoons both good and bad. Nowadays I try to limit myself to the good.
-Star Trek.
-Doctor Who

I got tagged by the aforementioned Jen, but I don't like tagging people. Anyone who wants to can pick this up...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Interesting list. It made me smile, and kinda worry at the same time.

Onanite

Kelly Peeples said...

-And the idea that something that happened when I was 15 has broken me beyond repair.

(not true)

-Japanese comics and anime.

WORD

-The overhyping of Tina Fey.
-" " Kevin Smith.
Thank you.

-Go to England.
Dude, you MUST go, you will love it. Go there first.