Monday, September 04, 2006

Labo(u)r day address

I refuse to believe that the hardworking people of these United States would not have wanted me to get my mail on this, their day. That said, I'm stealing a tip from Blue Gal and using this as an excuse to post the video for one of my favorite Billy Bragg songs.

It's not as explicitly political as some of his others, though Billy being Billy, a nuclear submarine and painful headlines do make it into the second verse. Most importantly as far as I'm concerned, it features Kirsty MacColl (sigh) banging on a tambourine, shaking what her mama gave her, singing backup vocals and generally taking the piss out of Bragg.

God, I love her.

3 comments:

zeehomme treshumdrum said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
zeehomme treshumdrum said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Fortunately, this song's always #1 on Marzipan. But the reception's not quite as good from there.

http://reallykindasortatotallystupid.blogspot.com/