Sunday, September 03, 2006

Random Flickr-Blogging: IMG_6074

Today I seem to be in the mood for a few romantic locales...



This is very much the kind of place I liked to play as a child when given the chance. A green and leafy glade, with stairs to run up and down and an archway for dramatic entrances. I would have figured out ways to "stage" Robin Hood or sumthin'....



See the lights, in the night sky...


This one makes me want to listen to a Ryuichi Sakamoto album. So I am.

Original sources here, here and here.

4 comments:

Kelly Peeples said...

Ryuichi Sakamoto is awesome. I got into him when I was about 12...the guys in Duran Duran liked him.

These pictures are beautiful. Perhaps it sounds gauche, but I'm putting them in my wallpaper folder. What funny times we live in, eh...

Ben Varkentine said...

The guys in Pet Shop Boys liked him too.

His BTTB album is extraordinarily beautiful.

http://www.popmatters.com/music/reviews/s/sakamotoryuichi-bttb.shtml

Tom Hilton said...

What an awesome place that would be for a kid to play! I'd have invented all kinds of stories about the history of the place...who built it, and why it's in ruins...

Nobody in Particular said...

I was really taken with both of those first two pictures, too. Wonderful choices, sir! :)