Friday, September 29, 2006

Never been in love with no one, Sign up! Join the programme, Within me, within you, Feels like...



This is, for my money, the last good single by one of my favorite bands, Pop Will Eat Itself (now defunct).

That I think of it as a good single and not a great single is mainly down to the arrangement. Every time I hear it I wish that last chorus after the choir break (yes, a choir break) kicked in just a little bit harder and faster.

And the video starts out looking like it's going to be kind of weak as well.

Doesn't matter. The classic elements of the track overcome the second-rate.

And you who know my feelings on anime will no doubt be amused that there are, apparently, samples from Akira all over it.

PS: Oh, and this single version replaces the line "No hippy shit can try" with the more radio-friendly "PWE...I!"

No comments: