Thursday, September 28, 2006

You know what word I don't know how to pronounce? Meme.

But I stole this one from Amanda...

1) One book that changed your life?

An Edge In My Voice, by Harlan Ellison.

2) One book that you have read more than once.

Most of the books I own I've read more than once-for financial purposes I tend only to buy books I know can stand up to re-reading. The rest I'll get from the library. That said, I'll name Against The Grain: Mad Artist Wallace Wood, edited by Bhob Stewart.

3) One book that you would want on a desert island?

Tolkien's The Hobbit.

4) One book that made you cry.

Whichever Pippi Longstocking book ended with it looking like Pippi was going to sail away to the south seas and leave her friends behind. I don't want to talk about it.

5) One book that made you laugh.

Seven Seasons of Buffy.

6) One book you wish had been written.

Ben Varkentine: The World Would Be So Much Easier If You'd Just All Accept He's Smarter Than You.

7) One book you wish had never been written.

Any number, I'm sure. But just because I tried to read it most recently, and I was sort of looking for an excuse to bash it about a bit here: The Anthology at the End of the Universe. Oh my god, what a stinking pile of crap this book was. Honestly, my expectations for the book were not that high-I've reviewed a few books from this publisher and in a word, they're hacks-but oh, my god.

8) One book you are reading currently?

I'm between new books at the moment (there's some waiting for me at the library, though), am re-reading Bill Carter's The Late Shift.

9) One book you’ve been meaning to read?

How To Win The Lottery. But seriously. Here's some of the books I have requested at the library...

The first five pages : a writer's guide to staying out of the rejection pile /
by Lukeman, Noah.

My sister, guard your veil; my brother, guard your eyes : uncensored Iranian voices /
by Azam Zanganeh, Lila.

The devil's guide to Hollywood : the screenwriter as God /
by Eszterhas, Joe.


10) What book do you routinely recommend but haven’t actually read?

None. I'm anal about that.

No comments: