Sunday, December 10, 2006

Random Flickr-Blogging: IMG_9609: The "S" edition

Self-indulgence:




I'm posting this first one not because I have anything very affecting or funny to say about it, but to give my chum Corey Klemow a fright. You see, by a random coincidence, this image is from (according to its tags) a production at Sacred Fools, an L.A. theater group Corey's in.

Something called The Cody Rivers Show, about which I know nothing, but it certainly does seem to be an intensely wrought scene, doesn't it?

Selection:


Choose which child in this scene is going to be an actor, a writer, a GOP candidate for President, head of the CIA, or conservative talk-show host. I'll give you a hint. The writer's the one seething with self-hate.

Credit.

Sexist:


Secretly, Shannon knew the other girls resented her for her full bust.

Credit.

Subtle:


Although she was pointing to the crucial word as directly as she could, Paul never had been the kind to take a subtle hint, and chose to believe she was invoking the ancient Hebrew name for Lord.

Credit.

Surreal:


"Yes, Jacky, I see you, yes, it's great that you got your flying suit working just in time for my wedding. What a wonderful way to show just how not in love with me anymore you are...warm the car up, dear! He's packing herring!"

Credit.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Although she was pointing to the crucial word as directly as she could, Paul never had been the kind to take a subtle hint, and chose to believe she was invoking the ancient Hebrew name for Lord.

Excellent!!! That was great.

Anonymous said...

Yep, that's my favorite too. Funny.

George said...

That Paul always gets things backwards.

Anonymous said...

"The Cody Rivers Show" is a comedy duo from... Oregon, I think. They're hilarious, though you wouldn't know it from that particular picture.

They're friends with two of our company members (who themselves are the comedy duo "Ten West"), hence their getting a couple of nights at the Fools while they were in town recently.

Anonymous said...

Further to that, "The Cody Rivers Show" is doing a new show in Seattle this month. I can't vouch for whether it's as good as the show I saw, which was a 30-minute "best of" compilation, but if'n you want to check 'em out, the details are at

http://www.codyrivers.com/

They are based in Bellingham, Washington (and not Oregon as I previously mis-stated).