Thursday, January 18, 2007

Oh, lord.

I can't decide if I think this is more offensive, funny, or just fucking stupid. I just got an email in my inbox promoting an all-male heavy rock quartet from Seattle, the city where I live, or at least exist.

The band's name is LESBIAN. Because it's name evokes pure, sexually-charged freedom -- and that's what rock is all about.


But of course it is.

The CD name? Power Hör (get it, get it, huh?). Including a song called "Loadbath."

I also note that they seem to have taken the webpages-

www.lesbianwitch.com & www.myspace.com/lesbianwitch

-which seems wrong, somehow.

I gave a little listen to the clip they have at their MySpace site. It sounds godawful to me. But it's so not my kind of music-I'm a Beatles fan, among other things-you might not want to go by me on that.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmmm. I'm surprised that lesbianwitch.com wasn't already claimed by some friends of mine...

Ben Varkentine said...

I'm surprised lesbianwitch.com wasn't already claimed by some friends of mine, too...

http://www.visimag.com/tvzone/t161_feat01.htm