Thursday, March 08, 2007

You know what you wouldn't think would be hard to find...

A list of best selling young adult books by year.

That is to say, not the best selling young adult books of all time, or the best selling young adult books right now. Which are all I can find after trying a handful of different variations on search terms.

But say I wanted to know what the young'uns of 1986 or 1987 were most likely to be reading, which in fact I do.

Oh, and a couple of sites gave me the Newberry and Caldecott award-winners, which is nice but tends to be the books librarians thought we should be reading, not always the ones we were.

Any ideas?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You know, I think they just recently started publishing the New York Times list for Children's pretty recently, when they got sick of the Harry Potter books clogging up the "grown-up" list. I seem to recall hearing that a couple years ago, could be wrong. Maybe send a direct request to the publisher of the list and see if they have the records available? Probably more time consuming, but that is what comes to mind...

a'mee