Wednesday, April 04, 2007

A quick one (and a long toke)

It's Ink 19 review time again.

Let's get deep with King Britt. And here's a few words about The Four Level.

I couldn't find any songs to link from either of my reviewed items today, but don't worry, you won't be leaving unamaused. Here's a big musical number from the hilarious Reefer Madness: The Musical. I wrote about it here and here on my old blog.

BTW, that's Alan Cumming having fun as Pan in one of his multiple roles in the movie; Christian “brother of Neve” Campbell does a nice line in wholesome, healthy American kid corrupted by the reefer.

But in this number, notice especially Amy Spanger, a theater actress who apparently made her film debut in this picture. She's sexy, funny, and sings great as a seductive dope pusher.

2 comments:

Kelly Peeples said...

Too bad the music is so awful, like most modern musicals (and far too many of the "classics").

I always fell asleep after smoking pot. Is this what I was missing?

Ben Varkentine said...

I disagree, though on first viewing I thought the music was merely pleasant myself.

But the songs have a way of lingering in the brain longer than I thought they would.

Never having smoked I don't know if this was what you were missing, but I do think you ought to see the whole thing before you dismiss all the music...